Goal :- The broad goal of the teaching of undergraduate students in biochemistry is to make them understand the scientific basis of the life processes at the molecular level and to orient them towards the application of the knowledge acquired in solving clinical problems.
- Molecular and functional organization of a cell and its sub-cellular components.
- Chemistry of enzymes and their clinical
- Chemistry and metabolism of proteins and related disorders.
- Chemistry and metabolism of purines and pyrimidines and elated disorders.
- Chemistry and functions of DNA and RNA , Genetic code; protein biosynthesis &.regulation ( Lac-operon )
- he principles of genetic engineering and their applications in medicine.
- Chemistry and Metabolism of haemoglobin.
- Biological oxidation
- Molecular concept of body defence and their applications in medicine.
- Vitamins and Nutrition
- Chemistry and metabolism of carbohydrates and related disorders.
- Chemistry and metabolism of lipids and related disorders.
- Mineral metabolism: Water and electrolyte balance & imbalance
- Acid base balance and imbalance.
- Integration of various aspects of metabolism and their regulatory pathways. Starvation metabolism.
- Mechanism of hormone action.
- Environmental biochemistry.
- Liver function tests, Kidney function tests, Thyroid function tests
- Detoxification mechanisms.
- Biochemical basis of cancer and carcinogenesis
- Investigation techniques : (LCD-Topics ) Colorimeter, Electrophoresis, Chromatography & Flame photometer
BIOCHEMISTRY BOOKS RECOMMENDED
- Medical Biochemistry - U.Satyanarayan.
- Biochemistry for Medical students by D.M.Vasudevan & Shree Kumari.
- Textbook of Biochemistry by -Rafi MD ,Latest Edition.
- Biochemistry for MBBS by -Dr.S K Gupta.
- Medical Biochemistry by M.N. Chatterjea and Rana Shinde.
RECOMMENDED PRACTICAL BOOKS.
- Manual of Practical Biochemistry for MBBS by Dr S K Gupta & others,Latest Edition.
- Practical Textbook of Biochemistry for Medical students by -D M Vasudevan & Subir Kumar Das.
- Practical Clinical Biochemistry methods and Interpretations by Ranjana Chawla.
1. Harper's Biochemistry.
2. Medical Biochemistry by N.V.Bhagwan.
3. Biochemistry by L.Stryer.
4. Biochemistry by Orten & Neuhans
Dr. (Prof.) Uday Shankar Choudhary
|Photograph||Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation||Appointment||Mobile||Date of Joining|
|Dr. (Prof.) Uday Shankar Choudhary||MBBS MD||Professor(HOD)||Contractual||9934243700||23-01-2019|
|Dr. Varsha Sinha||MBBS, MD||Associate Professor||Contractual||9431213800||13-05-2016|
|Dr. Rolly Bharty||MBBS, MD||Assistant Professor||Regular||9472503031||29-02-2020|
|Dr. Shahnawaz Hasan||MBBS, MD||Assistant Professor||Regular||8009446883||29-02-2020|
|Dr. Sharmila Dev||MBBS||Tutor||Tenure (BHS)||9431274888||14-05-2016|
|Dr. Anand||MBBS, MD||Tutor||Tenure (BHS)||8986180956||25-09-2017|
|Sl. No.||Photograph||Staff Name||Department||Designation||Appointment||Mobile||Date of Joining|
|1||Shri Ramanand Singh||Biochemistry||Lab Technician||Regular||9430479075||09-01-1989|
|2||Shri Bijay Kumar Singh||Biochemistry||Lab Attendent||Regular||9430457144||24-12-1988|
|3||Sri Sanjiv Kumar Singh||Biochemistry||Lab Technician||Contractual||9973380162||27-01-2014|